I would like to thank Hannah at To Knit or Knot for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
11 Questions. 11 Answers. Here are the questions for her nominees:
1. Do you have a favorite day of the week?
That would have to be Wednesday. For a couple years now, I have spent Wednesdays working from home. It’s the best way I have ever found to break-up the week. As a self-motivated introvert, I was so happy when my manager agreed. I get a lot more done from home without the interruption of people stopping by to see me throughout the day.
2. What is your favorite food?
I eat Mexican food most often, but if I had the money I would eat sushi all the time!
3. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I’ve always been a night owl.
4. How did you decide on the name of your blog?
Semper Fidelis is Latin for “Always Faithful.” I wrote a post about it a couple months ago called Faith and Silence if you’d like to read the full story.
5. What is your favorite memory?
My first day at Washington State University. I very rarely take “selfies,” but I did that day. I stopped by the restroom on my way to my first class and caught sight of myself in a full-length mirror. In jeans and a t-shirt, I was radiant. I survived the darkest time of my life that year and I was moving on. I was embracing a new life. I was transformed. I’ve never felt more pride and compassion for myself as I did in that moment.
6. Would you rather listen to a song that you intensely loathe 10 times, or a song that you love all day?
I don’t mind listening to songs I like over and over again. I’d rather listen to a song I love all day. I don’t think there’s much risk I would grow tired of it.
7. Who is your best friend?
I have a few very close, dear friends, but I’ve known Christen the longest. I met her in 1992, the third grade. We’ve had many common interest over the years, but one I never would guessed we would share is that we are both raising children that are not our own. I have grown more profoundly grateful for her than ever these past two years. Being able to relate to someone about the struggles and triumphs of fostering children is a gift. The memories and trust we’ve developed over the 23 years we’ve known each other is a comfort beyond any words I can express.
8. Roses or Daisies?
I like a bouquet of roses as much as anyone, but in general I like expressions of love to be more permanent, which is why I usually dry them if I receive them. Daisies are happy little flowers, but I don’t mind that they fade. It isn’t as depressing to watch as a fading rose. I’d choose daisies if I had to.
9. What are three things that fill in the blank for you- “I love….”?
1) I love my husband. I would say I’m sorry for being so obvious, but I’m not sorry. He is my match, my soul… he is everything I never hoped to wish for. 2) I love my sister. She is the most kind, forgiving, joyful soul I have ever known. 3) I love my home. Last April we moved into the first house I’ve ever rented as an adult. We looked for months and I would have happily moved to several of the places we saw, but Spike always had something better in mind. We actually signed the lease on this house before I even saw the inside. He was sold on it, so I rightly assumed I would love it too. It was a risk, but I never felt like it was.
10. When is your favorite time of year?
Spring is my favorite time of year. Everything is green and it’s not too hot and it doesn’t get dark before I’m off work.
11. If you had to live on an island with only one food, what would that food be?
If it were earlier in the evening I would do some research on the food that provides the most well-rounded nutritional values. That’s my choice, intellectually, I would want the one food that would keep me the most healthy. Psychologically though, I would probably want the food that brought me the most comfort.
My Liebster Award Nominations:
My 11 Questions for the Nominees:
- Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
- If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?
- If money was no object, what would you do all day?
- Where do you most want to travel, but have never been?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your biggest success up until now?
- What does your perfect day look like?
- What is the one thing that should be taught in school that isn’t already?
- If you were to create a piece of art, what would the subject be?
- If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
- How would your friends describe you?
I look forward to reading your answers!
Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that they set.
- Nominate others with less than 200 followers.
- Let them know about the nomination and the questions.